Dentistry for Patients with Movement Disorders – Laguna Niguel, CA
Specialized Care for Those with Parkinson’s & Other Conditions
If you or a loved one has Parkinson’s or another movement disorder, you already know that maintaining great oral health can be a challenge. From difficulties holding a toothbrush to maneuvering floss correctly, there are plenty of reasons why you may be having trouble keeping your pearly whites clean. Fortunately, Dr. Damon Anderson and his team provide specialized care for those with Parkinson’s and other conditions that interfere with movement! We use a combination of advanced training, state-of-the art techniques, and genuine compassion to help our patients achieve the happy, healthy smiles they deserve.
Why A Healthy Smile Is Important
Dentistry is about so much more than keeping your teeth white and cavity-free. In fact, recent studies show that seeking dental care can improve a patient’s quality of life in a wide variety of ways! This includes aspects like:
- Better nutrition and a more comfortable mouth. Addressing oral health issues will make it easier and more comfortable to eat healthy, nutritious foods.
- Improved socialization and self-confidence. A fresh, healthy smile can naturally boost a person’s self-confidence and social interactions.
- Significantly reduced risk of systemic infections and overall health conditions. Untreated oral health issues are linked to a variety of systemic health concerns, including infections in the lungs, kidneys, and heart. Routine and thorough dental care can go a long way in promoting better overall health.
One of the most important ways to maintain optimal oral health and enjoy these benefits is to get a dental checkup and cleaning every six months. However, you don’t want to put your smile in just anyone’s hands! You need a professional like Dr. Anderson who can offer specialized dental care for patients with movement disorders like Parkinson’s.
How Sedation Dentistry Can Help
Sedation dentistry has helped countless patients feel relaxed and comfortable in the dental chair. At Laguna Niguel Family Dental/Orange County Center for Sedation Dentistry, we’re proud to offer all levels of dental sedation to help you enjoy a pleasant visit every time no matter your situation. Sedation dentistry can offer patients with movement disorders a variety of benefits, including:
- Dramatically lowered stress and anxiety during treatments
- Virtually painless procedures to restore your oral health
- Reduced movement for safer and faster treatment
- Oftentimes a safe and reliable option for patients taking medication for Parkinson’s
- 100% customized levels of sedation for maximum safety
Continuum of Care You Can Count On
Dr. Anderson is a dental professional who understands all the unique challenges movement disorders can pose for oral health and a confident smile. Our experienced team will go above and beyond to ensure you or your loved one is receiving the best care possible. Not only will we carefully review a patient’s medication list before any procedure, but we will reach out to their existing care team (such as their neurologist or cardiologist) to consult directly with them about creating a successful patient experience.